8.20.2008

Morning creation

My daughter has an interesting way of referring to anything in the past. She prefaces her story about what has happened by saying, "Morning...."

This is not only unbearably cute when she says it, but it also makes you think that every story that she relates happened to her this very day!

And in some ways, it did.

"Morning..." I became who I am.

"Morning..." this set of experiences happened to me.

"Morning..." this is who I am today!

Now is the afternoon. Now, this moment, this day, I have as much to do with myself yesterday, as high noon has to do with this morning.

You got to where you are by moving through where you have been. But frequently, we are not in the same place in midday that we were in the morning. Your entire body and perspective has changed since then! Just a few hours, and you could be in a different outfit, your joints could be moving differently, a whole different group of people are seeing you, and you have, in short, transformed between then and now.

No comments: